Peggy McIntosh does not authorize electronic distribution of her articles. The fact that her article, White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack, has been altered by so many people that 1,100 versions now exist online, confirms for Peggy the value of 'real things, in hard copy.'
In support of her philosophy, she invites people to email her directly, firstname.lastname@example.org to order a free copy of any or all of the below articles. Please include your full street address and zip code.
- White Privilege and Male Privilege: A Personal Account of Coming to See Correspondences through Work in Women's Studies (1988), Working Paper #189, Wellesley Centers for Women, Wellesley, MA 02481.
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack (1989), Peace and Freedom Magazine, July-August, 1989, pp. 10-12, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, Philadelphia, PA.
- White Privilege Color and Crime: A Personal Account (1996), in Images of Color, Images of Crime, Richey-Mann, Coramae & Zatz, Marjorie S. (Eds.). (1998). Roxbury Publishing Company, Los Angeles, CA.
- White People Facing Race: Uncovering the Myths That Keep Racism in Place (2009), The Saint Paul Foundation, 101 Fifth Street East, Suite 2400, Saint Paul, MN 55101-1800.
- White Privilege: An Account to Spend (2009),The Saint Paul Foundation, 101 Fifth Street East, Suite 2400, Saint Paul, MN 55101-1800.